God’s Grace saves us & keeps us going.
Shift your focus from your performance to My radiant Presence. The Light of My Love shines on you continually, regardless of your feelings or behavior. Your responsibility is to be receptive to this unconditional Love. Thankfulness and trust are your primary receptors. Thank Me for everything, trust in Me at all times. These simple disciplines will keep you open to My loving Presence. -Sarah Young, Jesus Calling
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” Romans 5:2
Dr. Charles Stanley says the following about the grace to keep going: As believers, we readily attribute our salvation to God’s grace, but what does “this grace in which we stand” mean to us now? How does it work out in everyday life, especially when we’re going through periods of trial or suffering?
- The Lord’s grace releases His supernatural power within us so we can endure life’s hardships with a godly attitude. In fact, we’ll even be able to rejoice in what He is doing in us through the adversity.
- Grace builds our confidence in the sovereign Lord. Nothing looks hopeless when we focus on Him instead of on our problems.
- We discover the assurance of God’s sustaining presence as He walks with us every step of the way.
- Because we’ve experienced His care for us, we are able to show empathy and love to others facing hard times.
- During fiery trials, grace works to transform our character so that others can see Jesus reflected in us.